Tuesday, May 15, 2012


It's almost been a whole week since my 23rd birthday and I can't even express how much love I felt from everyone! I was showered with hugs and "Happy Birthdays" and cards and gifts and just...LOVE. I woke up to a decorated table with a card, balloons, a gift, coffee...I came to school with kids who were more excited about my birthday then I am. They were ready for hugs and gift giving and celebrating. Teachers were coming in and telling me happy birthday...I was receiving cards in the mail. Oh my gosh how powerful LOVE can be. There is a great comfort in feeling love. I never knew I could feel so much love not only from just people, but from my kids.
The tears start to fall when I think about how much I love my students and how much they have loved me. They were my first class, ever. I'll never have another first class ever again. I even saw some of them when they were in the 3rd grade and they are growing up so fast! I don't want to let go of them! As happy, cranky, mean, nice, emotional...etc, I can be.. they have loved me through it no matter what. They know me like a book. Even so much that there have been days that they have said, "Ms. Trimble, have you not had your coffee this morning?" As mad as that probably made me in the moment, I can't help but smile about it now. I'm not quite sure how I'll be able to let these little ones go. They have made me so PROUD in so many ways. I can't wait to watch them excel towards greatness.
My first year of teaching is almost over and I am still very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment